Yesterday I took the littles to Froberg's to pick strawberries in the giant patches. The night before we talked about where we were going and what was going to happen. Caily was so excited the entire way there. When we arrived they each got a little bucket and off they went! They were loving it, I was surprised that when I explained how we only want the really red ones--they were able to sort themselves, we only ended up with a few green ones. Caily kept saying "I can't wait to show my Daddy! He's going to love them!"
When we got home we talked about the fruit in our house and how we take care of them before eating, they loved washing them and then getting to cut them with their own butter knives.
I had to take a phone call and stepped out of the room for just a moment---until I started hearing "plop!" "plop!" "plop!" and walked in to them chucking them at each other. Unamused, I told them they needed to get down and help pick them all up. Stepping down they saw what happened when you step on them---and you can imagine how much fun that was for them!
Squished Strawberries all over the dining floor. I was a little too annoyed at the moment to laugh about it--but now it is a little amusing.
Either way...they had fun! And that was the point. Squished strawberries and all.
1 comment:
Oh man, I would have been so mad about the squished strawberries. You are a better mom than me, that's for sure!
Post a Comment