Friday, April 6, 2012

Grayson is Potty Training!

Well...what I should say is--Grayson is potty training himself!
I can't believe how well it is going. At Winton Woods they have been working with him on potty training in the classroom, but at home we have been in very little hurry to do it. We were certain that Grayson would have a difficult time potty training because he doesn't have the ability to tell us when he needs to go. We thought it would just be a lot of frustration for everyone... So we delayed.....finally I bought him some pull-ups and Thomas the train underwear, and its been days since he has had an accident.

One thing to be said for Grayson is that he is very determined, consistent and observant. Once he has decided on something there is no persuading him. He simply decided that he should use the bathroom and has been doing it on his own ever since. Every once in a while I will say "Grayson, I have treats for going potty." and he will race off to the bathroom yelling "go pee!"

I am in complete shock and awe at how easily he has moved into this. On Monday he starts his first week at school with big boy undies on. What a guy!! We are thrilled for him!

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Awesome! Great job Grayson!