We are so excited and happy to announce that our little boy has arrived! Oliver Kincade Stratton was born at 3:14 a.m. weighing in at 8 lbs 6 oz. and 21 inches long.
He was born 3 days before his due date. The doctor had been monitoring me for Pre-eclampsia all week, and although my test was negative, I was feeling pretty awful. When I went to my appointment the doctor encouraged us to think about inducing, because he felt it was in my best interest. We prayed about it and decided to go ahead with it. Caily and Grayson went home with Grandma and Grandpa and Rod and I packed our bags. By the time we arrived at the hospital to be induced an hour later, my contractions were already 2-3 minutes apart. Unfortunately because I was scheduled to be induced I was put on Pitocin, and instead of speeding my labor up it slowed way down.
 |
| Getting ready to be induced! |
I had hoped to deliver without an epidural but the labor was so long and I wasn't allowed to move around and so after 9 hours of heavy contractions, I caved and got my epideral. At this time I was only a 3. After that I went to sleep. An hour later the nurse came to check my progress and I was complete. (3 to 10 in under an hour!) At least that was what she was yelling while she held the babies head in. She ran to call for the doctor and my water burst. Dr. Wall arrived just in time! I gave only one push--and little Oliver did what must have felt like a cannonball! He was perfect. Rod got to do the umbilical cord and washing and weighing, while I struggled to stay awake.
 |
| Little Oliver's First moments. |
 |
Daddy cutting the cord
|
 |
Love at first sight.
 |
| Getting cleaned up |
|
 |
| Blonde Hair, perfect rounded head, and weighing 8 lbs 6 oz (just like Caily and Grayson) 21 inches long! The nurses were amazed that all three of our children weighed this exact amount at birth. He came out looking so beautiful, everyone kept commenting on how he came out looking so perfect. |
 |
| Our beautiful little boy, resting after a wild adventure! |
 |
Couldn't be happier.
The next day Grandma and Grandpa Harris and Caily and Grayson came for their first visit. We are so grateful for all of their help in our lives, and especially during times like this, when their presence makes everything so much more. I know I have pictures of them with the baby but they must be on a different camera card. When Caily and Grayson met Oliver it was as if they had always known him and yet were filled with wonder at how tiny and fragile he was. I would say....it was love. |
 |
| Brothers meet for the first time. |
.JPG) |
| Grayson was in awe. |
 |
| They couldn't believe how soft he was. |
 |
| Caily is now totally outnumbered by boys |
 |
| Trying to explain where they baby came from....exactly. Love Grayson in this photo. |
.JPG) |
| Daddy and Oliver. One of my favorite photos from the hospital. We were all so exhausted! |
 |
Oliver getting set to come home for the first time!
We feel so blessed to have this child in our family. We can't wait to get to know him and be with him on all the adventures this life holds in store for him. We only hope that we can be the parents he deserves to have. We love you already little Ollie. |
No comments:
Post a Comment