Monday, August 11, 2008

Belly Kisses



I am getting so excited about Baby #2! Caily is too-in her own way of course! The above picture was taken a few weeks ago in Seattle when I hit my 12 week mark and cleared the first trimester I am getting excited about my bump, and have been very pleased that a few strangers have asked about my pregnancy. (A woman is always glad when people recognize its a BUMP not chubby FRUMP.) Of course, one commenter was a little girl--(her mamma was horrified--until I confirmed it.) I will take it though. I have been so excited that I tell just about everyone I meet. Partially because I am in pursuit of an OBGYN and I am fishing for referrals. I am quite sad that we will not be able to deliver Baby #2 in Seattle with Dr. Graham. Mostly though--its because I am getting so excited. Caily has added so much to my life and I can't wait to see what personality the next one has to offer.

My excitement grows every night though--when a very special sort of thing happens at our house. Its bedtime--and Caily is in her too small pajamas, teared up because bedtime is coming, and the three or four of us all cuddle up on the big hotel bed to read the bedtime story. Before I can start she leans over onto my belly and gives it the sweetest big cuddle hug. But that isn't all, she spends the next 5 minutes giving the belly kisses over and over, patting it, and speaking into it. It brings tears to my eyes everytime, because I am absolutely CERTAIN, that she knows that baby inside, and when she gives those hugs and kisses and babbles, she is telling Baby #2 how she loves them, and how she is breaking mom and dad in, and how much love is waiting outside that belly. One time would have been a fluke. A few times may have been a coincidence...but this is something else entirely.
This is beautiful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! How cute! I am so excited for you guys. When are you guys going to be able to move into your house? I hope all is well.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, how BEAUTIFUL! (You're a beautiful preggo Mama, too, BTW. ;-))

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

That is so sweet. Abigail is finally taking to the baby being in there. She sometimes pats him and gives him kisses, but nothing like Caily. Hopefully they get along as well outside the womb.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aww, that is sweet! They definitely know, I can attest as well! :) Miss you guys!

Dasha said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. Our children were each born in a different state with differnt doctors.Talking to people is the best way to find a good doctor. We've been really blessed with great doctors each time. I know you will be too!

MadMama said...

That is precious! I love it when they do that. :)