I came back to Seattle with Clarissa right after we got married for my internship at Boeing which eventually became my first full-time job. Working for the commercial airplanes division of Boeing had been a great experience. The day-to-day has had it's ups and downs definitely, but I have always been proud of the product I've worked on. I worked on the 737 for several years and so many people fly on those planes, that maybe someday what I have done will save your life. If it does, most likely, you will never know about it. On my last day working for the commerical airplanes division I took a walk through the factory and stood under those enormous airplanes and thinking of my few years there almost brought a tear to my eye (I say almost because if it had it would have been suicide around all those machinists). Mainly I'll miss the people that I've worked with. I've had great friends and mentors and while many of those relationships will continue it just won't be the same from a distance. I'm definitely going to miss that job.
For Clarissa and I, almost all of our marriage we have been living in the Seattle area. Here are some of the highlights:
Hiking around Mount Rainier,
Visiting Snoqualimie Falls,
Hiking in a rainforest on the penninsula,
Ferry rides,
Lazy days at Greenlake,
Labor Day in Leavenworth,
Almost setting a brushfire with fireworks,
Exploring the city,
Whitewater rafting (over a waterfall),
Season passes at The Summit,
The Puyallup Fair,
Whale watching,
And, of course, our most beautiful Caily was born in Seattle.
We are excited for Houston and my new job and our new house, but we are also sad to leave Seattle where we've built our family. We will miss our friends, but hope to see them again soon.
So as we fly away we say
"Goodbye Seattle, we love you."
4 comments:
We are happy you guys are moving closer to us. This is exactly how we felt about Seattle, it was a hard move and we miss so many people. But we love Texas and feel like we now have a chance to get to know even more wonderful people. :) Congratulations Rod on your new job!
Miss you guys already! Don't get swept up in the hurricane! :)
We just returned from Utah to the beautiful cool weather in Auburn --- I know there are reasons people choose to live elsewhere, but it is sure beautful here. We will miss you. Although we didn't do a lot together, you are the only relatives (except the Snow's) that have lived this close to us during the time Beth and I have been married.
I'm sorry it didn't work out for us to get together before you left --- July was hectic. We wish you the very best in Texas.
Good luck in Houston!
Post a Comment