Sunday, March 8, 2009

Texas Rodeo

I have been dying to go for weeks now, and the Houston Rodeo only lasts a month; so yesterday we packed all up (3 hours to get out of the house!!) and drove to the Rodeo. It did not dissapoint me. I love Texas. The food was greasy, sweet and crazy! There were whole chicken legs, fried everything (including alligator and twinkies) cotton candy and it all came in HUGE portions. As everyone says around here..."Everything is Big in Texas". Rod and I opted for giant corn-dogs and fries. As you can see its bigger than his head. We loved walking around the noisy carnival in our minivan stroller, and are highly anticipating our return with slightly older children who can play on the rides. We took Caily to the petting zoo-which was the only bust of the event. Not that the petting zoo wasn't great but Caily was a little intimidated by it all and refused to "pet" anything. I suppose its hard to do when your little arms are firmly secured around Daddy's neck!
We didn't go and see any of the Rodeo events or concerts, due to very sleepy little babes. NEXT year! We had been bummed to miss our beloved "Puyallup Fair" in Seattle...but this was everything and more. Yay Texas!

4 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'm jealous of the shorts and T-shirts. I almost needed a hat and gloves, just to drive to the library today.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love rodeos! P.s. you look great!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Fun! And funny, we took the kids to the fair around the same time (about 1 1/2 months and 14 months). That corn dog is HUGE and looks so yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Hey did you make your sling or buy it?? It looks so cute!