Friday, September 3, 2010

ABC's and 123's (Caily's 1st day of Preschool)

Caily is starting an early start preschool program. In July, when we decided on the program she happily exclaimed, "oh mama! I love this place!" She will be going twice a week for a few short hours. I think she is going to have a lot of fun and it will be such an adventure for her. There will be lots of informal learning including art projects, reading time, floor play, and gym time. At her orientation (meet the teacher and classmates) we were delighted to discover that we know her teacher already, and that some of our neighbors were also attending. Caily is so excited about her Tinkerbell lunch box and her new friends. Caily helped make her lunch with me, she was so excited.
When orientation was over, Rod and I wanted to take her to Jamba Juice for a special date. I thought for sure that she would be delighted to capture mom and dad's complete attention for a little while. It turns out that she didn't want to go without Grayson; and we were more than happy to pick him up from the babysitter and have a little family lunch. I thought it was so sweet that she wanted Grayson to have a "smovvvvie" too. Just between you and me---I think that girl is going be sad to be away from her brother.
She was so enthusiastic!
I made her cute little dress and matching hairbow.
She picked it out to wear on her special day at 'playschool'


Sept. 8, 2o1o-Her very first dayBackpack is a little big, but it was so darling on her!She seemed to have enjoyed herself, although she was sad and worried at first. She said "Mommy, don't go away..." but before I left she was off painting a picture. Grayson and I both shed a few tears over leaving her there.


2 comments:

The Lyon Den said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she is already in preschool.

Nik said...

She's the cutest thing ever!!! You are so talented! I love her dress and bow!