Renaissance Festival 2010
We have never been to a Renaissance Festival before.
When the Farias' invited us to come with them and promised me Elephant rides; I knew it was an event I couldn't miss! Rod was away at class weekend, and a sweet friend volunteered to play with Grayson for the day, so it was just Miss Caily and I who tagged along. Wow. We had a really great time! Good friends, fun new place, and lots to see! What could be better? There were so many people who were very into the experience, complete with interesting costumes, different accents, and a town that looked as if it were built for the occasion. Caily was a bit nervous for awhile, in fact she even said "I'm a little bit nervous right now." She cheered up once we met Fairies, who gave her pretty treasures. (I may have told her it was Tinkerbell and her friends). Then she had lots of smiles.
Christy and I got to go on a elephant ride! (check check--on my lifetime list) It was so giant and beautiful, and its skin felt exactly the way it looked. I thought this was especially cool.
Caily saw Llama's and yelled that he had lost his "red pajama's" and she loved the very real amusement park swing ride. Her favorite part was the pony go round ride. She loved it. Afterwards she sat and lovingly watched. She put her hands carefully on my face and said...."he's so sad...he misses his mommy. He's stuck...What are we going to do?!" I think it was so sweet that she was so perceptive and compassionate.
We met up with some more friends, and it was fun to hang out for a while. The food was really good. So glad we went!!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Where are the pictures? And when we went to a Renaissance Festival in Colorado I also went on an elephant ride! We really are kindred spirits, aren't we?
Post a Comment