Thursday, July 28, 2011

July is nearly done!

This month has come and almost passed us by so quickly and so slowly at the same time. I have sad news that may slow down our blog for a little while--and that is that my camera (the Nikon) was broken on our flight in. There have been a million moments I have wished to capture, and that are fleeting in my memory without the camera to record, but I hope we can put aside money to fix it soon.

Despite my grandest of intentions to see and explore the city I am afraid we have been a little stuck in our house so far. I like this little house, but setting up here has been slow--we have run into some problems with the ac, and the water pump (flooding there)and our fridge (that one has been weird and wild...the fruit and veggies freeze solid but the milk is luke-warm) They have sent 3 people out to fix it--the first flooded the fridge, the second broke it farther and cracked off the door handles by mistake, and the third brought a new fridge in. That was hilarious. They couldn't get it into the house, so the kids and I ate snacks at the table and had a good show as they attempted to enter 3 different ways and hollered at each other with their red faces and embarrassed selves. They were reminisce about looking so ridiculous, saying that they have never had such a hard time getting a fridge in and out. Both were kind, and good humored so I didn't mind them there. Nice to have company, even if it is the repair guys!

For the most part the landlord has been responsive--but I have to wait around here for all the repair men to show.

Rod's MBA is FINALLY done. FINALLY. Finally. Finnally.
Our house in TX is still on the market. We are hoping it sells soon.
Caily is potty training.
I registered for Fall classes.

My 2 brothers came out to visit-and I was so so so happy to see familiar faces of people I love love love.

Rod is enjoying work (yay!) He has had fun out with some of the people from work at various things. Last night he went to watch a Red's game in the company Suite.

Our neighbors next door are nice. We are going out to dinner this weekend to "Pappa Doughs" (I think)

1 comment:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hi Clarissa. Congratulations on the MBA! How exciting! And relaxing. I hope all the house problems get taken care of quickly so you aren't held hostage at home wating for repairmen. Have fun at Pappa Deaux's! I've only been there once (because the bossman was covering that big bill), but it was yummy...loved their alligator appetizer.