Today is Caily's 6 month birthday! Its hard to believe how quickly she is growing. I thought I would make a quick post about Caily's latest milestones for those family members and friends who are far away and rarely (or never) see her. I am completely aware that all babies do theese things, but it is special because it is the first time that Caily has done them. Plus we all know that things are cuter, funnier and smarter when your own child does it.General milestones she just hit:
She is getting so close to sitting on her own. Every day she lasts a little longer...she just hit the two minute mark.
She recently started lunging for toys and other things, before she grabbed if it was in front of her, now she dives headfirst out of my hands.
She is eating some more varied foods like peas, squash, peaches (which is her favorite) and carrots. Though I am not sure if carrots really count because she most purposefully spits them as far as she can. I think she has eaten maybe 3 spoonfulls...maybe. That is the above picture. What a mess.
She loves bath time as long as she has toys and lots of room to splash.
She has begun lifting her arms up for me when she wants out of her jumperoo, and rubbing my face with her foot while she nurses. (I don't exactly love that, but I can't get her to eat otherwise.) Her reflux is improving and we are slowly taking her off the medications.
She always has her tongue dangling out lately...I think its because her two little teeth feel a little interesting to her. Its funny though. Her favorite new trick is mimicing facial expressions. For example I smile, so does she, I frown, so does she, you get it.
She seems to have forgotten how to roll over. Weird right? No amount of coaching on my part seems to be encouraging enough, when I lay her on her belly she simply lays down her head and cries. However her legs are very strong, when I put her down for a nap she always kicks herself into the corner of the crib, where she can't get out, and I have to go rescue her. (and I try not to laugh as I pull her back down to the bottom of the crib). This happens multiple times during a nap period. She loves new faces--well at this point its mostly adult ones. There are two babies that can make her laugh and smile.
I have also been improving my "mamadextrias"* skills, it was only yesterday that I realized I was successfully holding my baby while talking on the phone and applying mascara. It just gets better all the time.
*mamadextrias-word coined by Rod meaning: the ability to multitask, juggle and perform tasks in an extremely efficient way. A skill that mom's have perfected.
2 comments:
Hey it's Carrie Heffelfinger now Krainock. LONGTIME NO TALK TO!!! Kristen told me that you found her on facebook and gave me your blog link...I hope you don't mind. Your little girl is so cute! Congrats! Where are you guys living now? I hope all is going well for you and your little family. I think that blogs are a wonderful way to keep up with family and friends...you can check out ours if you want is krainocks.blogspot.com. Take Care- Carrie
Oh, Mama...good job! yes, it's always smarter, funnier and more blog worthy when you talk about your own kids. She's so cute!!!
Post a Comment