Every year I make a huge list of things I want to do when the sun comes out. As much as we complain about rainy weather I really have to say that when summer does come, Seattle is the most gorgeous place to be. This weekend we went up to Ballard Locks to check out the fish ladder's and the boats pass through. Sea Lions even come up to the Locks for a free lunch 9 months out of the year. (We have a serious habit of visiting places at just the wrong season). We got to see some huge fish in the fish ladder's but most of the Sockeye, chinook, and coho salmon migrate through the ship canal back to Lake Washington next month. I heard that its an incredible thing to see. The Locks are located in the Scandanavian District, and so there were some amazingly cool buildings and stores around. It it weren't for Caily's bedtime we may have wandered all night long.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Smells Fishy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment