In December my mom gave me a cute summer dress pattern for Caily. My dear friend Mamie and I decided to do the project together and actually were amazingly committed. Unfortunatly before we finished Mamie moved to another country (well, Texas), taking with her, the fabulous sewing machine...I was planning on asking someone to use their machine to finish the buttons, but it turns out I got my own fabulous sewing machine for my birthday. (thanks to Rod for remembering) And now that Caily takes a few little naps I suddenly have a wealth of free time, that I have not seen in six months! Grantid-most of it is taken up in showering and cleaning--but I was able to finish the project! Unfortunatly, not knowing the slightest thing about how to size baby clothes, I don't think this will be fitting her this summer. :( Maybe next summer? If not I will put on heavy tights, a long sleeve onesie and she can wear it in the winter no matter how ridiculous it looks. I love it.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is too cute! I've been making baby blankets for a while now but I am a chicken and haven't tried to make any clothes...good for you! super cute!
I hate how baby clothes are sized all wrong on patterns. Last year I made some capris for Abigail (from a pants pattern) and shortened the pattern several inches so they'd be the right length. They we super long on her. Pants-length. I think they would fit her as capris now. Too bad I gave them to her cousin. If you are lucky though, it will fit her next year. It's so cute. Good job!!
Oh my gosh, so CUTE! I'm still trying to get up the courage to make BBJ an "itty bitty dress" - they just published a toddler sized pattern.
That is so cute!! Good for you. I know that could not have been easy.
Very cute! Nice job!
Post a Comment