Friday, June 27, 2008

BIG NEWS!

"Bam! Bam!" We're moving to Texas! "1, 2 3, 4..."

The Stratton family is going Country--Texas that is. Rod just accepted a new job with Boeing NASA, in Houston TX. We couldn't be more excited if we were "riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels" (please excuse my need to practice talkin Texan). To those of you who are surprised--here's the story. Several--and by that I mean MANY months ago, Rod and I decided that it was the right time to make a big family change. We weren't sure which direction to take but felt like it was time to move-weather it be an hour north of Renton or to another state completely. Rod applied to several jobs and business schools around the country and we waited...and waited....and waited....

Needless to say that when this came along it just seemed right in the several critical aspects we were considering, and also perfect in its timing. Rod has always been interested in Aeronautics and Space, so the job will be fascinating for him. The cost of living and housing seems to be much lower than Seattle and we are excited by the prospect of buying our first home! (and still being able to eat). Houston was rated 4th best place to live in a recent article by MSNBC. (By the way--4 of the 10 cities were in Texas; so ya'll might as well move down too.)

I am thrilled beyond words that we will be moving to a place with a whole lot more sunshine! I love being outdoors and hope that the more temperate Winter will be nice. We have heard that the Summer's are HOT AND HUMID. Ready or not here we come! Yee-ha!

Our only concerns are...the fact that some of our family members are less than thrilled at the idea of visiting us in such a foreign place as Texas. (LOL) All joking aside WE COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED!

The start date is still being negotiated but it looks like we will be Texans by the end of August! (Well Caily and I will be...it may take Rod awhile to officially convert. And even then-don't expect to see him in Cowboy boots--it won't happen.)

6 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Hot and Humid doesn't BEGIN to describe a summer in Texas...or anywhere that's even remotely close to the Atlantic Ocean, it seems. I hope you enjoy your adventure!!!! Will you be close to the Benacs? Or are they in Austin?

Oh, and the cockroaches. They're only 4 inches long. Have a nice summer. HAHAHAHAAHA. But you'll be closer to us! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO for you!! I am so excited for you. Now it's on to the fun part....packing...I hate moving. It will be all worth it though.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Sounds like fun for you. Not so much for me. I wouldn't ever want to live in Texas. I don't do humidity so well. But yay for a new adventure.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

We're excited for you guys! Funny, Boise, ID was #2 on the list!

Mamie said...

I am SO excited! The humidity is totally bearable because we are so close to the beach- the ocean breeze keeps things manageable. But I've already told you that... it's just a note for other *party poopers*. Can't wait to see you next week. Lucy is getting all primed to see you.

Mamie said...

sadly, max is all too right about the roaches...