Tonight I have had enough of this hurricane...so onto a happy first that happened earlier this week!
Rod, Caily and I were playing one night earlier this week right before her bedtime when she said her very. first. word. What was it you ask? Well--"dada" of course! I didn't feel even the teeniest bit dissapointed because not even 3 minutes later she busted out "mama" and "hi". Unbelievable! Nothing and then bam--3 words in a row. The best part is that she even knows what they mean. She has been calling me "mamamama" non-stop, and when she woke up yesterday morning she smiled at me and said "mama", when she see's dad-its "dada" and for every other lucky soul that she decides to bestow her honey sweet little flirt on-its "hi" accompanied by a spastic wave. Today at the store 3 different people told me that she made their whole day.
Her personality is a blooming!
3 comments:
GOODNESS...when did she get all those teeth?! I'm sure they were there last time I saw her, but...that's quite the grin!
Congrats to your little talkalot. BBJ learned a new word this week, too - "mine". This is going to be a long "terrible two's." I can already tell.
We have really enjoyed reading about you and your new experiences; especially happy that you are safe from Ike and are able tomove forward with your full and busy life.
Grandpa and Grandma Stratton have been visiting with us for a couple of days; Grandma was especially amazed that "blogs" even existed and that she could read all about you and your life right here on the computer.
Our cooler weather finally has come after a wonderful warm spell during the first couple of weeks in September; we're trying to get used to the drizzle and overcast again. (But skiing is just around the corner....)
We enjoyed your optimistic and joyfull sounding posts. We're sure your life reflects the same.
Love, Barry and Beth Stratton
I love that picture... I miss that baby. Do you girls want to come back! Just kidden I know you can't. I am glad you at least have a little power with the help from your neighbors.
Oh, Steve took these funny picutres of him and Caily when we were at the concert I will post them on my blog so you can see them. They are hilarious. Miss you!
Post a Comment