Are you tired of Hurricane Ike Posts? Me too. Unfortunately it isn't over on THIS page until preggo mama gets power. Today is day 11. I have to admit that initially it was kind of fun--like camping in your own house, and gathering together with your neighbors for meals. That's before I realized how long it could take for us to get power. (2 or 3 weeks?!) This morning we were told that it is a blown transformer, and there are only 7 houses in my neighborhood without power. So...you can deduct that its not a high priority. They don't even have a time line for when it could get done. Yesterday I saw a power truck in my neighborhood--I would have chased them down but I was hopeful that the problem was fixed. Apparently they just saw the problem-and moved on. Bummer.
We have been extremely grateful for the kindest and most generous people who have taken good care of us this week. I don't know what we would have done. Its now too hot to sleep or even be at home at all. And our hearts are with the thousands of others who have had it much worse.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I guess now would be the time to pray for some cooler weather.
Where are you staying, then? How is Cailey holding up?! Poor thing. *poof* Sending some of our crisp New England weather your way.
Day 11?!! Ugh! Poor you being pregnant and Cailey. Stuart told me that it's the norm to be out of power for weeks after a hurricane. No thanks! Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Post a Comment