What big changes a month or two bring! Caily's vocabulary just continues to grow, and her sign language is too! She signed her first 2 words in early November at 11 months (more and food) and we were shocked! From there her words have grown and expanded. Some of the bigger words and phrases like "Upstairs" and "Here you go" and "Thank you" are a little jumbly but we know exactly what she is saying. She can say: "Uhoh", "NO", "more", "baby"(Daydee)", "cracker", "ball", "mama", "dada","woah","oops",and "all done" and "Night-night". Her signs are pretty clear too, (too us!)
In ASL:"more", "milk", "food", "cat", "fish", "Ball", "shoes", "mom", "dad",
"dog" (which also represents a certain stuffed sea lion pup thanks to dad's bark like noises), and "bird".
My favorites are mama, and baby--this is what she says when she's looking for her dolls, she walks around calling them. Day dee! My least favorites are Uh-oh (quickly proceeded by the throwing of all the food on her tray or in the grocery cart.) And "NO". Its never said softly and she is amazingly accurate in her use of it. Today I put her down for a nap and went to lay down too, on the moniter I hear her kinda fussing, she stopped and said "NO! no night night". And of course that's what she did--no nap.
With her new handy vocab and walking skills her personality is blooming more everyday. Its so amazing to watch! She is so much more active, determined, outgoing and silly. We love it!
3 comments:
Abigail's signs for more, ball, and shoes all look the same to me, even now. Thankfully she can talk much better, but still uses signing sometimes. It's been so wonderful. Yesterday we had a little boy the same age as Abigail over at the house, and I couldn't understand him at all, lots of grunts. And I just kept thinking how much that family could benefit from signing. It's been such a blessing for us. Sorry about the nap. It only gets worse too. But hopefully Caily goes to be early on no nap days.
How fun! I love when little ones start talking more and more. Signing saved my life with Addie, it was the best thing I ever did with her. It is such a smart way to communicate with babies. Good luck with hopefully soon labor.
Such a great age! They seem to learn something new everyday!! Love it! It's so hard for me to picture Caily walking and talking...she was just a baby last time we saw her! Time flies when you're having fun! How's that baby doin'? Still cookin' I imagine? Hope you're having a great last few days as a family as three! :)
Post a Comment