Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grayson Wayne has Arrived!

Our newest little angel has arrived! Grayson Wayne Stratton was born on January 26th, 2009 at 11:15 am, weighing in at 8 pounds and 5 ounces; 20 3/4 inches long. This little guy has been debating for awhile now weather he wanted to stay or come and has been riding really low. I had been at a 2 and contracting fairly regularly for a few weeks. On Monday I woke up with feirce contractions at 5 am, and new it was time. For the next hour they steadily came in every 6-7 minutes, then for 30 minutes dropped down to 4-5 minutes. I got in the bath and we called the doctor. Caily was still fast asleep so I snuck in and blew her kisses and we left her at home with my mom. We checked in to Clear Lake Regional Hospital at 7:15 and I was already dialated to a 4, and things moved quickly from here! Our nurse Alena was lovely and was also celebrating her birthday...(this HAS to be good luck)

I was highly anticipating my Epideral, but it didn't go quite as smoothly as I had hoped :(. Rod was sent out of the room while it was inserted, and it was slow to kick in. I ended up having to call the Anastesiologist back for another dosage and the nurse also boosted it. Unfortunately it just didn't stick and I got to experience the real delivery without being as numb as I had hoped...(a little bizzare since the entire delivery was very short).

By 10:45 I was measuring a 7 1/2 and ten short minutes later I was ready to deliver! I pushed 3 times and out he came! We chose to name him Grayson Wayne. Both his names have family origins. Gray is Rod's middle name, and also his mothers maiden name. Wayne was my grandfathers name. We had not decided completely on a name before he came...but I knew when I saw his little face that he was Grayson.


He is the sweetest little thing, and we adore him already. He does have hair and its so dark its nearly black. We can't quite make out his eye color yet, but my favorite little thing of his is his itty bitty little sideburns. I think he is a spitting image of his daddy and oh so handsome. The one trait he and Caily both share are those stretchy little lips. Grayson is his own little self though and loveable in every way.



8 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

What a blessing to have grandma there! What does Cailey think of him?

He's gorgeous...congrats!

DBS said...

Same weight as Danny when he was born, but your little man was 3 inches taller. A tall little boy!
Congrats again...he's a cutie. Hope Caily will enjoy being a big sister :)

Good luck!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

You took a shower while in labor??? No wonder you look so great. I'm lucky to have my hair combed. LOL. Big boy by the way. And yeah, he is his own person. Abigail and Bryant looked so similar. But thankfully Bryant is coming into his own finally.

MadMama said...

He is such a cutie! Congrats again you guys! He is such a tall baby - is he going to be your Basketball player? I love that you took a shower before going to the hospital. That is exactly what I did w/ Sage & when I got there I was a 6-7. What? My hair needed a def. washing!! :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aren't second labors and births the best!? So fast and easy! I didn't even know Troy's head was out, and then bam, they laid him on my chest! So glad it was fast for ya. Bummer about the epidural! I hope you're getting some rest. We're so happy for you guys! Love the name too by the way!

Dasha said...

What a handsome little guy! Good job! I had the same problem with Lyena, the epidural completely slipped but they didn't know until I wanted to push. I did get another one and it kicked in just as she came out. What a waste. Anyway, you look great, now go cuddle with your little angel all that you can!!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! Congrats lady!

Kristy Weaver said...

Congratulations, guys! He is adorable!