Sunday, February 21, 2010

A rainy kind of day

Oh, my friends,
Today has been a
terrible
terrible
terrible
day.

The kind where you buckle your kids in the car, just so they can't touch each other.
And drive nowhere...until the gas tank runs empty. And you look through old pictures, just to remember that there are plenty of joyous things in your life, because today, it simply doesn't feel like it.

We are all sick again, (surprise) only we think Caily may have ruptured her eardrum, and she is parked on me, and I can't twitch a muscle without choruses of crying. Poor girl and Poor Grayson who can't even come near me without her melting down. Poor Rod who hasn't been able to get any homework done, and feels terrible himself.

I kind of was hopeful that solving our Allergy problems would bring better health to our family.
It hasn't. We are still. SO. SICK. ALL. THE. TIME.
I have had the stomach flu so often that several people have asked me if I am pregnant. (nope!)
I have had the flu 7 times in the last 6ish months.
and I already mentioned the trouble my children have been having...

I flipped through my journal of the last 18 months, since we moved here, and almost every entry mentions sickness. Tomorrow we are getting our home inspected for mold, and the air quality tested. (Nearly $600!!!) I am literally counting down the hours, and if it is NEGATIVE, well, I have no idea what I will do. I am running out of ideas fast.

I am sure things will look up in the morning, as they always do, but today I just needed to put it out there---.
I feel better already.
Thanks for listening.

*UPDATE* 2 Hours & Emergency Care Later* Caily did not burst her ear drum, she had a terrible ear infection that was pressing and tearing against her tubes causing her to bleed. Shortly after we returned home she began throwing up everywhere.
And then our neighbor knocked on our door to introduce herself and tell us that she hit our car.



5 comments:

Dasha said...

Oh my gosh Clarissa, that's awful. I'm so sorry. I wish I could help. Just know you're in my thoughts and prayers. Have you been tested for giardia? or some other random off the wall sickness? Just a thought. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Poor you! That is just horrible. I can't imagine. I hate being sick and having a sick family. I really hope they find something that will help your poor family not to be sick all the time.

Unknown said...

Has it been a year yet? Will it be covered on your home warranty? Because that would be AWESOME!

Oh I SO hope that is it. Although I kind of wonder. I think I have been watching too much Dr. House, because MOLD is always the first thing the suspect. I have started to wonder if that was your deal, I'm glad you are a step ahead of me.

Keep us posted!

What can I do? Seriously?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'm sending you lots and lots and lots and lots of hugs. Have you had a flu shot? Or does that not work on stomach flu? Did I ever mention that I have a friend like you in Colorado, and their little girl was sick a lot, but when they finally ripped out their carpet (and saw all the dirt and trash under it (seriously, there was a cigarette butt there)) they knew why they had been so sick. And, I don't watch House, but mold is always a top suspect on my list. Good luck! Love you! P.S. Even with all the sickness, you are still an amazing woman, wife, and mother. The things you do for your family and others...you never cease to amaze me! I'm sure Rod would agree.

Katie said...

This doesn't really surprise me. I don't mean this rudely. You just seem to be the person that has the most random bad things happen to you. Most of which you do not bring on yourself. I mean really? What's up? I don't get it, but things pile up on you and I'm sorry. I think you handle it Awesome, and am in awe of you all the time, but feel bad you have to go through it all. I do think you are wonderful and an inspiration. Good Luck with everything. Love you to death!