Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Best Friends and Worst Enemies

When I was pregnant with Grayson,
I got a lot of interesting comments from people.
(There age difference is 13 months.)
and it is true that
there have been a lot of challenges here, like
mutual teething, and mutual separation anxiety.
They are a few mere inches from being the same size,
and yet emotionally they are at such different points.

One mother of closely aged children
told me that they would be
BEST FRIENDS, and worst enemies.

She was so right. Only I didn't expect it to be so early.
They make each other crazy.

But then there are the other moments like today.
Caily and Grayson were standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom
making faces
laughing
and licking the mirror.
Caily looked at me and said "Caily best friends Guy. Guy best friends Caily."
I didn't even know she could say "best friends"
It was the sweetest of moments.

5 comments:

Dasha said...

Okay, my girls are close in age. Not that close, but still under two years and I totally get that relationship. Now three girls in less than four years, that I don't know if I'm ready for. I love love your birthday setup. The way the lunch is packaged is awesome. I may have to steal that.

It's sad but true, the kids don't see all the hard work daddy's put in too. Cute stuff!

Dayna said...

I love those sweet moments! Too bad they don't happen more often in our home!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

We call Bryant "guy" sometimes! Crazy! I'm glad these two are 24 months apart, especially since Bryant has been having such a hard time with teething and sleeping for most of his life. The kid is finally getting his 9th tooth though!

Heidi said...

How cute!!! I can relate to the best friend/worst enemies part. My sister and I are only 15 months apart, and boy did I ever hate her and love her. It only got worse as teenagers, but hopefully it won't be so bad for yours-- at least they won't be stealing each other's clothes or liking the same guy!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

lol, 'nuf said. So there