Being a Mother is a big deal
Its all that I have ever wanted to do since I was 3 years old.
I love children. I love the way they see life-full of energy and heart, full of love.
I dreamed of having children of my own.
And I am so grateful for it.
We have a lot of crazy moments,
and things aren't exactly how I thought they would be.
As most mothers have,
I have been pooped on,
bitten,
crawled over,
thrown up on,
kept up late,
woken up early,
I have been cried on,
snuggled on,
colored on,
laughed on,
kissed on
just about every part of my body.
I have given up my vanity (found myself in public situations with fruit snacks stuck to my skirt, throw up on my shoulder and handprints on my butt), given up my pre-baby body, and let go of having the perfectly clean house I dream of.
All of this has been indescribably worth it.
And I try to be the kind of mother that they deserve to have.
This mother's day I am feeling rather grateful for the two children who made me a mother.
I am also grateful for the women who have shaped my life, for my mother, my mother-in-law, my friends, and the sweet women who are mothers in their soul-who may not have a child of their very own.
Happy Mothers Day.
Its all that I have ever wanted to do since I was 3 years old.
I love children. I love the way they see life-full of energy and heart, full of love.
I dreamed of having children of my own.
And I am so grateful for it.
We have a lot of crazy moments,
and things aren't exactly how I thought they would be.
As most mothers have,
I have been pooped on,
bitten,
crawled over,
thrown up on,
kept up late,
woken up early,
I have been cried on,
snuggled on,
colored on,
laughed on,
kissed on
just about every part of my body.
I have given up my vanity (found myself in public situations with fruit snacks stuck to my skirt, throw up on my shoulder and handprints on my butt), given up my pre-baby body, and let go of having the perfectly clean house I dream of.
All of this has been indescribably worth it.
And I try to be the kind of mother that they deserve to have.
This mother's day I am feeling rather grateful for the two children who made me a mother.
I am also grateful for the women who have shaped my life, for my mother, my mother-in-law, my friends, and the sweet women who are mothers in their soul-who may not have a child of their very own.
Happy Mothers Day.
3 comments:
very sweet. I love this.
That was absolutely perfectly worded. And you are the cutest thing every. What a great example you are to me.
oh this is tiffany, not stuart, didn't realize he was logged in. oh well.
Post a Comment