Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Caily turns 4

At the end of this month our little Caily will be turning 4. I find that shocking. Sweet thing is growing up right before our eyes! There are so many things that we love about our girl--but I thought I would take a moment to mention just a few...

1. Her enthusiasm--for everything. Few things happen in her life that do not make her want to jump for joy, shrieking happily. She makes the simplest and smallest events seem so joyous and fantastic. It really reminds me that life is about being grateful for the small things. I love to do things for her because she always responds so gleefully.

2. Her tenderness--This is a girl who loves to snuggle up with a blanket and someone to hug. Several times a day she asks me to come and "snuggle her" on the couch. She often offers me her most tender sentiments with her hand on my shoulder and a kind look in her eyes. I recently told her that I was nervous for a school presentation I had to give. She gave me a big hug, put one hand on my shoulder and one on my face and said most earnestly: "I know you will do great, and if you get a little nervous your teacher will help you. I will give you a big hug when you are all done." She cares about other children. At school recently one of the other children at the art table colored on caily's shirt. Initially Caily was upset--she told the teacher and the other child got in trouble. But when the other child started to cry (for being corrected) Caily was the first to her side with a hug. Caily always gives her friends hugs at school. In the begining they were always so surprised and would laugh and tell Caily she is "soooo sweet" (cute coming from them). Now when they see me come in they all run up to her and I wait while one by one they give HER hugs. They line up, about 6 of them. I have had to return to the preschool because some sweet child didn't get her goodbye hug from Caily. At first I thought that this was maybe something that they do for every friend--but her teachers let me know that it is only for Caily. They love her because she is kind.

3.Her creativity. Caily loves art. Really loves art. At school she spends most of her time at the crafts table and would color for hours. She does well, her teachers say she has art skills that most of the kindergardeners don't. She loves to make things. She asks me often for projects to do, and loves to help me with whatever whimsical things I am trying out.

4. Her Intellegence. She is insightful and smart. She is so close to being able to read, I feel it will be any day now and she listens closely to ideas and stories and re-calls them when we are in similar circumstances.

We are so blessed to have such a lovely and spirited child. Sometimes she challenges me, sometimes she makes me laugh---but always I love her.

She has changed my whole life, and being her mother has truly made me a better person and brought me unbelievable joy. Happy Birthday to my oldest baby. She is so loved.

I did a little birthday interview with her--thought I would share.
Click on this.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Holy cow clarissa! She is sooooo cute! I think her personality is a huge reflection of her mama! Loved the little vid too!

AdamHarris1 said...

Happy birthday to that beautiful girl!