This past weekend I took Caily to our local library for a Fancy Nancy Tea Party! True to the Fancy Nancy Original book, Caily got to dress up not only herself but me too :). She loved getting to chose out what FANCY things we should wear, and most of all I think she loved the special time it was just the two of us. We read stories, had a fancy parade throughout the library, saw a purple Eiffel Tower, and had a Tea Party with new fancy friends! At the Tea Party we decorated posh place mats and drank pink lemonades with our pinkie's up. Caily was very impressive and reminded me to lay my napkin on my lap. We called each other DARLING all afternoon and remembered our french manner's just like Fancy Nancy! Afterwards we headed over for some sorbet and a little more time together before heading home. At the Tea Party I said, "Oh Caily, I am so glad you are my girl." She smiled and said "Oh, I am so glad your my mommy."
 |
| They handed out fancy boa's or "plumes" as Caily calls them. |
 |
| We had such a fun table of friends! |
 |
| Pinkie's up! |
 |
| Earlier this week she asked me to take her to the Eiffel Tower, so we were very surprised and excited when we found a purple one at the Library! |
 |
| Caily made the necklace she gave me to wear in this photo |
 |
| Near the end she requested, that we spend every day like this. I wish we could! |
I asked Caily what she would like to remember about this day, she said the following:
"We love being fancy and it was fun at the Fancy Nancy party. It was sooooo fun. We even had icecream after! And we had so much fun. AND, I got a plume-I'm the big sister that's five. Actually, at the very beginning we learned fancy Nancy words so we could talk fancy. We had so much fun. We then had cupcakes and cookies."
1 comment:
You're such an excellent mom! I hope you have a great Mother's Day! I can't believe how busy you are with three little tykes and school! Amazing, you are!
Post a Comment