Last weekend we had the opportunity to run the Cincinnati Color run. A friend from church gave me her entry and I read on the website that kids 5 and under can run for free with a registered adult. Both Caily and Grayson have been really enjoying watching Rod and I run and have been waiting and waiting for an opportunity to participate. I convinced Rod to register and I am so glad we did it this way!The race was very laid back and the perfect environment for the kids first run. There were no timing chips and we saw people doing the 5K in wheelchairs and crutches. The color run aspect meant that you come in white shirts and get rainbow colors on you as you run. The kids loved and anticipated each color station.
We ended up taking a partner for the race. My mom partnered with Oliver and held down the finish line, (thanks mom!) and Rod and Grayson ran together, and Caily and I ran together. I was surprised and impressed that Caily actually ran the first 2 miles (without stopping or slowing). After that she did a combo run, piggy back on me, and walking, but completed the race in a full power sprint. Rod said that Grayson ran equally far and had such a fun time that he actually rolled in the yellow color down the hill!
We all agreed that we will sign up again next year, it was so much fun. Rod and I hope that it is a memory we never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment