Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kindergarten for Caily

 Today was Caily's first day of Kindergarten.  She picked out her outfit all by herself and has been counting down to this day for a month at least!
 This morning when I came downstairs this morning I realized she had actually been PHYSICALLY marking it off on the calendar. I stopped last week--trying to slow down time.
 She has had some fears about going to school, but just a little bit.  She has this picture of her and I in her bedroom.  She asked me if she could bring it in her backpack so if she got sad and missed me too much she could look at the picture.  I decided to surprise her with this necklace.  When she got it she threw her arms around my neck and said "Oh mom! I love it!" She was wearing it today as the school doors closed in front of us.
 She asked for curls in her hair so she could look like mommy.  But after I curled it she thought it was awful, and told me there was no way she could go to school looking like a boy, ha! I told her to wait tell I was finished to make a choice and she seemed happy with how it ended up.
Her daddy came home from work just to be with her on this very special day, and to walk his baby girl into a whole new phase of life.  
He always makes her laugh.

 We took a few pictures outside the house before we left. (well...maybe 127) Rod even took a few of Caily and I-and I love them.




 Here she is! We can't wait to pick her up.
To say that I will miss her at home just doesn't quite seem to cover the flood of emotions I feel, I am proud of her, she is smart, kind, and vivacious. She will rock Kindergarten, but I just can't believe the amount of time that has passed since the doctor first placed her in my arms. And I hope that she will be loved at school the way she is loved at home. I am delighted for her and the adventure she is about to begin, and sad that she is growing up way too fast. Its hard on a parent's heart to let go, even a little bit. 


2 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

So cute Clarissa! Caily is a doll and I hope she had a fabulous day! I bet she had lots to say about it when she got home! And tell her that I think she definitely DOES NOT look anything like a boy! ha! See you guys soon!

Nik said...

You are so creative and thoughtful to create a little picture in a necklace for her! Her hair is darling by the way...as is yours. Did you lighten yours? I saw someone say (i think on fb) that you would make anyone want to have a family. I totally agree. Your little family is just perfect!