Sunday, July 13, 2008

We have arrived...

Well.
We. Are. Here!!
We started yesterday at 6 am when Rod woke up to me jumping on the bed.
That turned out to be a mistake because it was a little early in the morning for a pregnant mama to jump up and down...Caily did pretty well at the airport and on the plane. She cried for about 10 minutes but then fell asleep for half of the 4 hour flight. (YAY!) Unfortunately she saved her serious melt-down for when we got to the completely occupied hotel. I didn't think she would ever go to sleep, and after 2 hours of rest we are back up for the day again. The weather is so pretty, the sky is blue and the air is sweaty, and a lot of the billboards are pure Spanish. People have been SO friendly. And this is our welcome to Houston.

3 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, congrats! I somehow didn't think you were moving until the first week of August!!!!

ENJOY yourselves! I hope you like your new ward, and I want to see pics of your new digs! I've heard that housing is MUCH more reasonable in Houston than in Seattle. (As in, cheaper!)

Ooh...it's just so exciting. I hope you guys have fun in Houston.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Good luck with the "sweaty" air. I sure don't miss it.

Anonymous said...

Wow Strattons! You guys look wonderful! I can't believe you are down in Houston now! We have to get together! We are only a few hours away! Send me an email I would love to chat! Tamiel - tamieltu@hotmail.com