Thursday, October 2, 2008

My pink Cowgirl hat got some use!


A week or 2 ago I had the most wonderful adventure. Call it girls night out---call it reliving the good old days-a mini-vacation or whatever you want; but I call it FABULOUS. Before you read on you should know that I really love my country music. Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, and the Dixie Chicks. I simply can't help it. Good thing I have a friend or 2 out there who feel the same way!

One of my dearest and oldest friends had a birthday in August. In celebration her husband bought her 2 tickets to a Carrie Underwood concert and me a plane ticket so that I could go with her. (I felt like it was my birthday too!) For weeks I was totally stoked, and beaming at the thought of visiting Kimberly and Steve in Denver! Then the hurricane hit and we weren't sure I was going to be able to fly out of Houston due to storm damage. Steve talked his magic with the airline, and I somehow made it out in time! (Caily came too)

It was the first time I have been, and they have a really great home and Denver is gorgeous. I really like Texas--but Denver is a place I would LOVE to live. Steve babysat little Caily and Kimberly and I set out for Carrie Underwood! She puts on a really great show-but I had so much fun just being there with Kimberly. Honestly I was in shock at being suddenly my old self-back before husbands and babies and houses and all the other stuff that happens when you get old(er). We even got matching shirts!

(I would have totally felt like a teenager--except for my pertruding baby bump along for the ride!) It made me wish I could do something like this much more often. It was so great. I wish I could find the words to say how much I really needed it. I love being a mom and a wife, but it was fun to have a night off where all I was me hanging out with Kimberly!

Thanks to Steve for everything! (don't you wish your husband was like this?)
Oh-and Caily really enjoyed herself too--on the airplane there she kept squishing her face between the seats with a cheesy grin trying to get smiles. She really took to both Steve and Kimberly-(she even fell asleep in Steve's arms!) I think he's a baby whisperer, Caily just kept grinning at him everytime he came into the room.

What more could I ask her, a night out, great music, and Kimberly!

6 comments:

Dasha said...

WOW! What a great b-day gift. Glad that you could have a night out like that. It's great to get away with the girls. It's really great when they talk and when you come home, they run and give you a big hug and smile so big their cheeks are going to burst, and say, 'yeah, mommy's home.' But, you have to leave in order for that to happen!

Anonymous said...

If you love him so much, why don't you marry him.

Anonymous said...

Because I love the ridiculous four year old man I married.

MadMama said...

That is awesome! Carrie Underwood rocks! I am glad you were able to get out there and have a blast! :)

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I'm glad you got a break from everything. I'm sure it was fantabulous. Sounds like fun. Too bad Rod is so bitter about the whole thing with the Steve appreciation :)

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!! good for you girl!