Thursday, February 12, 2009

BiG SiStEr. BaBy BrOtHeR

Grayson is now 2 weeks old. His little umbelical cord fell off yesterday. The grandma's are gearing up for the switch tomorrow and by the middle of next week I will be officially on my own during the day. Things are...changing and fast. So many people have been asking about Caily that I thought I would show you just how she is doing...At first...she wasn't too sure about momma holding another little guy and letting him snuggle up for food. There were tears. But then she discovered all of his new toys, and claimed them for her own--and for HER babies of course!Then she decided she wanted to be a mommy just like me. She has been taking care of her baby dolls (and monkey) and also managing to carry 500 things at once. What a multitasker.She has been practicing swaddling, changing diapers, feeding bottles and singing lullaby's to her baby brother sized toys.She then got busy trying out her new double stroller...which is pretty neat.Maybe being a big sister will be kind of sweet.It turns out she kind of loves him. She's still my baby girl, and I love them both.

8 comments:

Dasha said...

what sweet pics. and you're right she is still a baby. you have two babies and your hands very full. i'm surprised you found time to blog. but i'm glad you did! i enjoy reading it. take care. oh, and thank goodness for grandmas!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! They are both so cute! I hope everything goes smoothly for the next while for you. p.s. I saw the blanket I made for you, I'm glad it's being put to good use by a cute little guy.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aww, how fun. Looks like she's doing great! Cool stroller too! Grayson is such a handsome little guy!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

PS It's nice that Caily sits in front of the stroller. Brookyn STILL likes to poke Troy. Not much longer and he'll be poking back though. He's already starting to pull her hair whenever he gets a chance. Also, I remember thinking, "When is the novelty going to wear off?" Well, I don't think it ever really does (which is a good thing), BUT when the baby gets bigger and less "fragile" I think it just becomes less of a big deal when she is constantly kissing, hugging, smothering, sitting on, and poking him. It will be fun to exchange stories someday of our crazy babies!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Adorable. Glad Caily is adjusting well. Any idea if you will be making it out to the Stratton reunion yet?

Kristy Weaver said...

They are so cute together! It will be so neat to see them grow up and the bond they create with eachother (and the fights they get in to)! You look like you are doing well with new addition and we are very happy for you!

MadMama said...

They are so cute! Grayson is such a cute baby! I am glad Caily is adjusting to the new baby well. Madison wouldn't talk to me for 2 days after I brought Sage home. She's talking to me now though!! :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, Mama, that's so sweet!!!! Both kids look great.

I miss you guys! When I play Wii Fit, your Miis are always there. It's pretty funny!