Caily will turn 18 months old in 2 weeks. On Sunday we took her to nursery at church for the very first time. It was such a big event that both Rod and I skipped our classes just so we could watch. I didn't think that I would want her go into nursery (for a long time I was sad at the idea of her going) but it turns out that she has started to be so excitable and c*r*a*z*y* during class that we were all ready for her to go when the time came. She did great-she even found a new boyfriend to feed her fruit snacks, and give her necklaces. What a girl. This week was also the first time she ever did pretend play. Normally she follows me around and "helps" do whatever I am doing. On Wednesday she went into her playroom and started playing by herself. I had to see what was keeping her so entertained--and I found her setting her table with dishes. I hurried and put the mop away so that I could join her. I was so excited at how cute she was! She even made "pouring" noises as she pretended to fill her cup with milk. My favorite part was how she offered to share her big plastic OREO cookie. Love this girl.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Cookies and Milk
Caily will turn 18 months old in 2 weeks. On Sunday we took her to nursery at church for the very first time. It was such a big event that both Rod and I skipped our classes just so we could watch. I didn't think that I would want her go into nursery (for a long time I was sad at the idea of her going) but it turns out that she has started to be so excitable and c*r*a*z*y* during class that we were all ready for her to go when the time came. She did great-she even found a new boyfriend to feed her fruit snacks, and give her necklaces. What a girl. This week was also the first time she ever did pretend play. Normally she follows me around and "helps" do whatever I am doing. On Wednesday she went into her playroom and started playing by herself. I had to see what was keeping her so entertained--and I found her setting her table with dishes. I hurried and put the mop away so that I could join her. I was so excited at how cute she was! She even made "pouring" noises as she pretended to fill her cup with milk. My favorite part was how she offered to share her big plastic OREO cookie. Love this girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun!!
oh!! I found your blog!! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!
That is adorable. It sounds like she will LOVE nursery, just like Abigail does. We are still working on pretend play here, though Abigail does do it a little bit. Mostly she just copies all the other kids though. She can be such a follower. Hopefully she grows out of that and learns to make her own choices someday.
Post a Comment