Twenty-Six Baby!
Yesterday was such a fun day here at the Stratton house, not only was it Memorial Day Weekend-it was also my birthday! On Saturday Rod took me to do a little birthday shopping/exchanging, and on Sunday we had the most wonderful birthday dinner at my neighbors/friends home! I love having dinner there, and I brought home with me beautiful, bright pink flowers! All of this before my birthday even happened! How spoiled am I? So... Yesterday I woke up to a bed full of a few of my most favorite people and opened some presents in my pajamas. It was so fun to have the babies and Rod both with me and enjoying the morning! It was "diaper-free" day also-(how awesome is Rod?!) I was so excited to wear a new shirt that Rod picked out for me and we enjoyed breakfast together when...all of the sudden... there was a knock at the door! My dear friend Mamie stopped by to wish me a happy day, and she brought with her the most *delicious* and *warm* homemade bread (by her husband John) and honey on the cutest tray and picture. It was lovely to see her in the morning and just the perfect start to the day. One of my favorite things about birthdays is getting to see and talk to my most favorite people.Shortly after we enjoyed our bread we packed "the littles" up to spend the morning at our friends (the Farias') home. They volunteered to watch the two (thank you guys!!) so that Rod and I could go to Galveston and enjoy Schlitterbaun Waterpark for the morning. We had so much fun!! It was so great to kick back and enjoy something so entertaining *youthful* and free spirited. There was no one else I would have enjoyed it with more! I got lots of birthday calls, and before I knew it, it was time for cake and....well lots of chocolate. Rod made me a beautiful cake and it was perfect. Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Just how I like it. My friends--Mamie, Celia, Anton and baby Ari, all came to sing happy birthday and share some cake and I was so happy that they took the time to share part of the day with me. I really am grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. Thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday a special day. And Rod- you did good honey.
I have decided that I will stay this age forever. 25 was a great year, somehow despite all of the craziness that it brought I have been insatiably happy with life. I love being this age, because I feel like I finaly know myself well, and genuinely love me. I love being a mother and a wife, and am grateful that I am smart enough to enjoy it!! I can't wait to see what 26 has to offer!
Now before you go...you must check out this short video of Caily. She was totally in love with my b-day card from Aunt Kimberly.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday beautiful! I'm so glad you had a good day.
Yay for YOU!!! What a wonderful day! I love the video, she is too cute! Addie is crazy about those card too. I am so glad you had a great birthday!
I'm glad you had such a great b-day! You definitely deserve it. I love how she slowly goes into the smile. What a cutie!
happiness is a fresh warm slice of bread with honey on it. I'm glad that you liked it!
Post a Comment