My girl loves to color. On everything. (The couch, her shoes, the door, her pants, and this morning I even caught her trying to color her brothers head)
If ever I want to treat her (which I so often do!) or distract her,
I say Caily, do you want to color? Then I wait for choruses of "Coh-lore!" "Coh-Lore!" and "yeah!" combined with carefully planned jumping.
This makes me laugh, and when I laugh, baby Grayson laughs too.
So everyone is happy!
For a fun treat this weekend we let Caily paint her first Pumpkin (by Herself).
She was surprised
And slightly concerned about getting dirty.
But then she got into it
And she went to town on it. We actually had to hose her off afterwards.
The boys watched admiringly. (Aren't they handsome?!)
And she loved every second of it, so naturally I did too.
Life is all about little moments like these.
And...if I don't say so myself, this is the best painted pumpkin I have ever laid eyes on.Its going on the front porch RIGHT NOW. Happy Fall!
3 comments:
I love it! That was fun. Your "carefully planned jumping" comment made me laugh because that is right on. That is the perfect way to describe her jumps.
Love the pumpkin!!! She did an AWESOME job!! One of these days I'll be brave and let Ryan loose with the paints :)
And you got that close to her in khakis and a white shirt? You are one brave woman. Either that or the paints are very washable.
Post a Comment