Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I love these little kids in their cute costumes.
but the truth is...
I had NO idea what a challenge it is to CONVINCE a very cute but very passionate 2 year old
to wear a pretty Tinkerbell tutu.
In the end...it wasn't worth it.
So we dashed to the store for another costume...
and I learned a few valuable motherly lessons:

#1. Purchasing costumes=way easier!!
#2. My girl doesn't like Tu-tu's. She thinks they are scratchy.
#3. If my girl wants to be Superman instead of a pretty princess...well that's ok too.

That being said...
We had a *crazy* kind of Halloween this year!
some of my favorite parts were:

1. (Caily eating her first "Skittles" candy) She said: "Yay!! Its a button!!"
2. Nursing a turkey named Grayson in full costume. He was SO CUTE, and Squishy and funny.
3. (Sugar High Caily in the car eating 1st sucker ever) "Yummy! I Wike it!!!" after every lick.
4. We couldn't get Caily to say "Trick or Treat" but she always said "Gank-Q" with a smile.
5. Seeing the cute costumes and of course eating all the trick or treaters candybefore they came !

I'll leave you with my a few of this years favorite halloween pictures.Trick or Treat!Grayson, Mama and Caily at the Church Trumk or TreatHer favorite discovery: Raisins n her "purse"!Rod, Grayson, Rowan and John Benac at the Trunk or TreatDon't you just want to gobble that sweet baby up?
At the Pearland Trail Halloween Party we found another Snow White!In the end...all this 2 year old wanted was to wear her brothers costume.
Of course! How did I not geuss that!!?

Hope ya'll had a happy halloween too!

4 comments:

Rod Stratton said...

That last picture of Caily is gorgeous! Almost makes you forget the hour-long tantrum that followed when we took the costume off her so she could go to bed.

Unknown said...

What a cute Turkey you have, Turkeys actually!

Brigham had his first sucker too! Lucky kids!

Mamie said...

that is so funny about caily just wanting to wear grayson's costume. I was so afraid that the same thing was going to happen. For weeks leading up to Halloween (she wore it all around the house, and it was "hers") I had to keep reminding her that Rowan would wear the caterpillar and she would get to be the bigger beautiful butterfly.
Luckily it did work- she was obsessed with her wings from the moment she saw them (surprised?).

You all looked so adorable.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

So sad that Caily didn't want to wear her Tinkerbell costume. I was really looking forward to seeing a picture of it. Maybe one of these days she will have a friend over to play dress-ups and the friend will want to wear the Tink outfit. When Caily realizes how fabulous it is, she will want to wear it, and then you can take a picture. And that turkey costume is adorable! Our girls are so silly, because Abigail wanted to wear a puppy costume that was much too small for her. Silly girls!