Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summertime Adventures



SUMMERTIME ADVENTURES


Playground at Lunkin Field
Rod and I decided that I should push through with summer classes at University of Cincinnati, in order to get as much completed as possible before our next little baby bundle joins the family.  The University has been converting from term's to semester's so the summer dates are a little wonky. I knew for sure that I would have 2 entire weeks off with no work, and in that time I wanted to PLAY with my kids. And so....we played!!! We spent time at the Cincinnati Children's Museum (where we have passes), went to the kids summer movies, the pool, several parks, the Natural Art Museum and kids center, Lunkin Field and Airport, story time at the Library, and so many more things. It was a very busy and fun time, and I realized how much I miss having all that time with my little ones. I am lucky to get another week off right before fall semester starts, and it is sure to be filled with adventures.  Here's a couple of pictures from all the fun:

Mushroom House in Cincinnati
Playing Skee-ball for the first time at Great Wolf Lodge Arcade in Mason, OH
Just another morning at the pool
Taken at St. Rita's Carnival for the Deaf
Zip's Cafe (famous little place)
 I was reviewing our little family blog and thinking, that this year I have posted far less than any other year. Its not because we have done less, but simply because any "free" time (well, let's be honest-how much "free-time do mother's really have?) has had to be focused on school. In the time I have at home I find myself preferring to have great adventures and fun with the little ones-- to spending all our time writing about them. :) In addition to that is the sad reality that neither of my kids take naps anymore.

Playing at the Children's Museum of Cincinnati
Having said that, I love this little blog. As a family we love being able to look back in our books and on the computer at major turning points in our lives, milestones the children have achieved and the many day to day joys that we find together in the chaos. Whenever I have questions about when Caily first walked or Grayson's first words, or want to reminisce on the great places we have lived I turn to this blog to find the answers. To me, it is like a family journal, a list of good memories. I hope I can always find the time to share the things that have brought our family joy.

No comments: