Well its definitally the Hollidays! They have never felt quite as busy to me as they do this year. Rod and I have been hard at work trying to keep on top of the projects at home and preparing for Christmas and the new baby. The time is just flying by! And through-out the busyness we have managed to have SOME fun :). We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at our neighbors house. Were prepared to do major black friday shopping (it seemed weird for some reason...maybe because it was 80 degrees!!) The house is decorated for Christmas...and tomorrow we go out for the Tree! Most people here have fake trees, due to the weather and small lifespan of trees once they arrive from days of shipping. Ikea always has a fantastic deal on their Real trees. You purchase one for 15-20 dollars, and then when the season is over you can return the tree for a Ikea Giftcard of that amount. Its basically free besides transporting! Rod is such a fan of real trees that we decided we would make sure to go this Saturday. I have to say that I love Texas but I do miss some of the traditions our little family had made in Seattle. Every Christmas until now (with the exception of last Christmas, Caily had just been born)-we bundled up, hiked up the mountains and picked out our very own fresh tree...I loved every minute of my frost bitten toes, frozen nose and gazing up the white mountain to acres of beautiful trees. We had such fun singing and sledding and playing around. I am sure we will find new traditions to love here too. I have to agree with Rod--it just doesn't seem quite like Christmastime without the snow.
Today my pediatrician gave me hope. He said that on bad hurricane years they tend to also get snow. Some kind of fluke in the system. Its been really warm-but I will cross my fingers and feel very grateful for that little ray of hope. Here's hoping for a white Christmas. Even if I do have to invent it with white cottonballs.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carl always had a real tree growing up, but I never did. I won though, because we now own a fake tree. Our first Christmas or two we had a real tree, a tiny little Norfolk Island Pine, it's still pretty small, but still alive too. Maybe if it had a bigger pot it would grow faster. I didn't want a real tree because I didn't want to have to clean up after it, and keep it watered, etc. Plus, I don't really like the smell of pine.
Post a Comment