Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow much fun!

They said it wouldn't happen here. Some said its been 5 years, others said its been 10. They told me "You won't see that in Texas", while they chuckled at my complete insistance that "it could happen." Well I got my little miracle this week---It snowed!! How the weather can go from 70 to 30 in hours is beyond me--but that's Texas! Our little neighborhood kids knocked on our door to tell us the news of course we rushed right out!


Forget bedtime Caily--its snowing!! (That's right girl-lick those lips!) She got to actually touch it/eat it/ toss it this year. She was born on a very snowy day but as you can imagine we didn't throw her in to try a snow angel...

After Caily was asleep and the dishes were done, Rod and I went out for our own snowball fight. I was laughing hysterically because I couldn't run fast enough. (there's something funny about a pregnant woman trying to book it) Rod had terrible aim but somehow I was covered in snow when we were done. We hurried in side for hot chocolate and a Tim Tam Slam...and everything in the world seemed just as it should

4 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Ok, snow is cool and all, but...where did you guys find Tim Tams in Texas?! ;-)

Hope all is well down south!

Dasha said...

That's so cool! I had heard you got snow and was thinking of you. It's snowing in Louisiana too. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!! It snowed here last year in about a city block and thats it.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Hooray for you guys! I'm so happy for you. We got snow here today, it's about time. Maybe it will stay this time. We certainly need it.