As suspected-Christmas came and flew right by this year! Despite 3 attempts to see Jolly Old Saint Nicolas this year-we didn't get the chance. Next year I will start early on that! And hopefully by then I will figure out why Santa never wears his REAL christmas suit in Texas. You got it--he wears a plaid or green shirt and red pants. (This really confuses me, what's the deal Santa?) If anyone knows, fill me in!
Yesterday we were taking a family walk and I spotted a large plastic Santa. I almost sprinted home for the camera...but didn't.
We had a fun "Suedo Christmas Night with our dear friends the Benacs, and made Gingerbread Houses. Our tradition is now 2 years in the running and we look forward to many more years to come. Next year, John, Mamie and I are going to have to ramp up our skills to outdo Rod, who always comes away with the most elaborate of the houses.
Some of the Highlights were that we were lucky enough to have Rod's sister Maera and his Mom and her husband all join us for Christmas! It was fun--the presents lasted 3 whole days! (Kids dream come true!) By the last few presents Caily even figured out how to unwrap her own gifts and savored them by pulling them out one by one. Even the clothing was doted on as she practiced "Putting it on". We thought she may be a little shy with all the new faces around the house, but after a short (10 min) time-she was completly enamored with Aunt Maera. She also warmed up to her grandparents really fast. Grandma Stratton brought the perfect presents and Caily has been playing with her stuffed animal Curious George (she tries to imitate the monkey noises--its fantastic.)and reading Goodnight Moon over and over and over.
Everytime I shut the book she opens it and says "MOooore". She also loves her baby dolls, and has been driving us nuts with them. Grandma Harris sent her a little baby carrier for her birthday and now Caily takes her dolls and stacks them in (over and over and over) Daddy dropped her new baby on the floor this morning and Caily fimly told him "No no." and picked it up.
We drove down for an afternoon in Galveston and checked out how all the construction is coming along. This was the first time we have come since Hurricane Ike graced us.
It was lovely to go to the beach (and warm out of course!) And Jacquie and Paul (Rod's mom and her husband) treated us to dinner there.
Unfortunately Caily and I came down with yet another cold, (Hard to believe right?) This has been the sickest she has ever been and so I have been introduced to somewhat of a mini version of myself when I am sick. There was lots of moaning, crying, and lying on the floor. Poor baby! I was sad that her Grandma and Grandpa didn't get to see what a happy fun lovin' girl she really is. Maybe next time!
I have been trying to keep my contractions slow and from coming...which is proving to be a challenge...
Tonight Grandma and Grandpa Slade treated us to a very delcious dinner at Texas Land and Cattle. It was so good that I wish we could go back tomorrow. We will be sad to see them off to the airport tomorrow morning. All in all its just been a great Christmas!
Pictures to come!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's so crazy to me that she's talking! I just can't picture it since the last time I saw her she was still a baby! Time flies when you're having fun right? :) Glad you had a great Christmas!
I am glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas! It's so fun to see Caily growing up! She has the cutest smile. How did Galveston look? We have been wondering how the cleanup from Ike is going.
Post a Comment