Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I OWEVUE

Parenting has its challenges... poopy diapers, crying babies, tantrums and sleepless nights to be exact. But sometimes smack in the middle of all that--a mommy gets a moment, that reminds her exactly why those little babies are worth every second of it. Early this week I sat in the rocking chair with Caily before bed time. I sang her bedtime song and snuggled her a bit, and just as I bent down to give her a kiss and lay her down she pulled out her pacifier, looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes and said "nigh nigh, IOWEVUE". I smiled. Could anything be more wonderful? Every night before I leave the room I kiss her forehead and say, "night, night Caily. Mommy loves you." I want it to be the last thing she hears before she drifts to sleep...I simply never anticipated how sweet it would be when she tried to say it back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! Hearing your child say that is amazing!

DBS said...

THat is so sweet! It is amazing that after everything they put us through, something so simple makes it so worth it :)
Yay Caily!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Aww, so sweet!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Oh yes, I love that too. Abigail gets particularly obstinate if we don't tell her "I love you" back, when she's going to bed. So funny! And hooray for those little moments. Especially in the newborn baby fog.

MadMama said...

Oh she is so sweet! I love that! Hearing those words from your little ones are so special.