Friday, June 5, 2009

Monkey in a Swimsuit

This post includes the following:
"I put my monkey in my swim suit"
"I'm wearing my brothers size 3 mo shorts"
& "Other tales from my toddlers day"

Today was a busy morning at our house. Baby G is currently on breathing treatments and antibiotics for his Bronchitis and Ear infection. Little C is---well feeling a little desperate these days. (Kind of like me!) She is on her 4th antibiotic for a double ear infection that just won't leave her alone! Since this is her 4th infection in 2 months time--we were sent to the ENT specialist in Pearland (30 min drive). Well-since Grayson is sick-I had no one to watch him and we embarked on this adventure all 3 of us. Caily had some specific ideas about how the morning was going to happen, and although we were somewhat rushed it was perfectly clear that nobody was going to be able to get dressed until her monkey had her swimming suit on. Perfectly rational right?! When I tried to bypass this dire need I received a growl. I am serious. You probably think I am imagining it-but she growled at me in kind of grrrr-like voice. Where did she learn this?! I indulged her and we moved on to getting dressed. Only she didn't want to wear her own clothing. She wanted to wear her little brothers "teeny" size 3 mo. shorts. Awesome. Once again-we were in a hurry...so I put them on her. I thought for sure that they were going to cut off circulation but somehow she managed to pull it off, and nobody said one word about them. Off we went! Caily didn't like the hearing tests very much since her ears are still so infected, and there was a lot of crying/tantrums and she occasionally yelled out "all done!" "all done!" and "Ouchie!" but somehow we made it through, with the nurses passing Grayson around the nursing station. And here is the verdict: Caily is getting ear tubes put in at the end of the month. Its going to cost almost 200$ after the insurance, but if you can imagine--we have paid more than that in dr. co-pay's and medication in the last month alone. We hope it will help her feel much better, because once her ears are drained---she can take that little monkey of hers swimming.

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Ah, tubes! My younges sister had tubes when she was little. When she woke up after they were put in, she said "I've been a good girl, where's my treat?" I guess the nurses promised her a treat if she was a good girl. Classic. Hopefully all will go well for Caily. And good luck with everyone feeling better.