Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Here's to good news!

Let me tell you two good things that happened today.
1. My bags are packed for Costa Rica (more on that in a week!)
2. We got Caily's blood tests back.

Finally some answers!
They may surprise you, 1/2 of it surprised me.
She is NOT allergic to dogs or cats, or mold of any type. (YAY!!)
She IS allergic to MILK. ( I KNEW IT!)
and she IS allergic to EGGS. (heh...)

So that limits her foods quite a bit.
The milk, no surprise. I have given her Soymilk for 6 months.
I just knew it was a problem.
When I was preggo with her, I got sick everytime I ate dairy.
I quit dairy, and I quit throwing up!
When she was little and throwing up all the time,
I quit dairy and she quit throwing up.
so I had guessed, but now I know for sure...

EGGS...well that will be a bit of adjustment for us.
but...
I am relieved that I can save up to change my carpet
and I am happy to have some answers.
Its a start.

ps. Pretty sure Grayson also has an EGG allergy, he broke out in awful HIVES immediatly after the H1N1 shot, and until he is big enough to get tested, it makes sense to keep them both on the same diet. Are allergy's hereditary?

4 comments:

Dasha said...

I believe the egg allergy is hereditary. Our doctor thinks Evie is allergic but will probably grow out of it. Some do, some don't. She can have stuff with eggs in it, like a cake, but not eggs just by themselves. Stuart's mom is the same way. I'm so glad you got yourself some answers. It could be worse. I can't remember what it's called, but it runs in my family where you are allergic to gluten, and dairy. My grandma, some cousins, and an aunt all have that. Believe me, it is quite difficult to find foods that don't have dairy or wheat in them.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

HOORAY FOR ANSWERS!!!!! I don't know if allergies are hereditary though. I'm glad it's not animals. Hope Costa Rica is/was fun (depending on when you read this).

Heidi said...

Glad you finally got some answers!! That must be such a relief!

DBS said...

yes, they can be hereditary. Glad you got answers...my sister is also allergic to eggs when she eats them alone, but she can also have them in other foods (cakes, breads, etc.) So hopefully Caily's isn't too severe either, or at least will get a little better with time.