I normally try to keep our blog *upbeat* and *positive* and a special place to celebrate my favorite moments of motherhood and our life as a family. I like to focus on them. It reminds me to be grateful and enjoy the *sometimes* rocky road of parenting. I wrote this post, thinking if I put it out there, maybe I can stop worrying about it all...I can always delete right?
Did you ever make Christmas wishes as a kid? I haven't had a real *wish* in years. I am happy with my life, and don't have need of more than what I have. But...this year I have a little wish for Christmas---well actually its kind of a BIG wish.
If you are one of my Houstonian friends, its no secret that my family is always sick. If you don't live around here, let me explain:
1. The entire staff at my Pediatrician office knows us by name, they have joked about offering me a job, or our own room...the Pharmacist(s) also know me by name and are very sympathetic to my plight.
2. My Pediatrician mentioned that we are "frequent fliers"
3. Nobody stops to visit anymore... "just in case"-- really, no one has just dropped by for months.
4. My Pediatrician actually called me to ask me to bring the littles in for the H1N1 Vaccine.
5. We have small co-pay's, yet manage to pay a ton of money for Dr. visits and Medications.
6. We frequently have Grayson on breathing treatments, both kids have tubes in their ears but have multiple ear infections and viral infections, bronchiolitis, colds and the flu...and etc... etc...etc... all at the same time. Grayson has had 13 ear infections in the ten months of his life, and been on breathing treatments for 5 months total. That's 1/2 his life. Not to mention the allergy medicines they both take every single day...
I don't like them being on medicine so often. What can I do? I know that part of this is having a toddler and a baby. Another part is weak immune systems, and yet another is the ever allusive allergy problems. (We know they have allergies, but to what?)...it could be milk allergies, or animal allergies...(our previous homeowners bred dogs and had 2 cats on our carpet) And....I am just so tired of trying to geuss what the problem is, while warding off the many illnesses that have come to our door.
The hardest thing about being a parent is not knowing....if you are doing the right thing.
Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me that Grayson's second hearing test comes back positive next week, and that Caily's blood tests will give us some answers, and that Sensory Problems--are not real-and just a toddler thing that Caily will grow out of...
I know it could be a lot worse...but I am tired, and we have spent the entire year being sick. Literally. Maybe we are allergic to Texas, or this house...
Anyway...all I want for Christmas, is a healthy family. I've been very good and nice. Please tell Santa.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It's Texas! No, I am so sorry though. It's hard enough, but to be almost nonstop sick, well, you are supermom for sure. Praying for your Christmas wish.
I'll vouch for you, everyone at your house IS ALWAYS sick. Sorry I don't ever stop by...
Riki stopped by my house today to see my baby and when I asked how her son was, she said, "OH! He has shingles."
Thanks. Thanks for coming to see my newborn.
I hope your tests come back good! I hope things work out. I'm going to need a gym buddy here soon!
I'll say my prayers!
Love you guys.
I hope you guys can all get healthy too!!! Yuck, I'm sure it is not fun or easy always being sick. And funny, and I don't mean this rudely AT ALL...but I just was looking at your FB status from a few days ago and you were talking about sick kids. I thought,"Man, they are always sick!" I REALLY hope it gets better for you! And I hope the tests give you some answers. You'll be in our prayers!
I'm so sorry, that's got to be so very hard. I hope that you get some answers soon and some peace for your little ones...hang in there!
Save up and get rid of your carpet. We have a friend in Colorado, and their daughter had allergy problems their her whole life (she's three) and when they got rid of the nasty carpet in their house things got much better. Is there some way to boost an immune system? That has got to suck always having the littles be sick. I had no clue you were going through all of that. Some long-distance, never-met-in-person friend am I. Feel better.
I agree with Leserlee. The dog-bred carpet has gotta go. And test the house for allergies along with the kiddos.
That could be the most important key. Let the house be the guinea pig until you know it's not the source, then subject the babies to more tests and meds.
But seriously, with all the money you have/do put up for copays, meds, etc- you might be well on your way to covering new carpet.
P.S. Remember that check they wrote you just before closing? I think it would have been more accurate to write DS on the memo line instead of BS.
just a thought.
those jerks.
Post a Comment