Meet the newest member of our family.
Milly
(I named her. Obviously she is a girl! See the origins behind her name below)
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
88,000 miles (a baby!)

We are happy to have her.
It may take me awhile to accept the fact that I have arrived at this point in my life. I mean the intersection where my 26 year old self looks in the mirror at my 16 year old self and recalls phrases such as " I will NEVER EVER EVER drive a mini van." And despite the part of me that really dislikes the image, the suburbaness, the typical mormoness of it, we bought this Minivan anyways.
I am sure I will grow to love her, with her sliding doors, and roomy roomy interior, and her ability to make my life so much more easier, her presence so convenient. I am relieved that we found her, that the searching and the used car salesmen are done with, and even that she came with a dvd player installed.
We are happy with her, and I am embarrassed a teeny bit.
But don't worry, I will be rocking that van soon,
If its even possible for a van to rock.
And whenever possible...I will be "borrowing" back our Nissan Sentra from Rod. (Which he will be enjoying immensely.) And well, I am happy for him.
Milly- as in HUMILIATION, HUMILITY, HUMILIATE
only in a cuter, more loveable form, which is sure to be the case.
Milly
(I named her. Obviously she is a girl! See the origins behind her name below)
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
88,000 miles (a baby!)

We are happy to have her.
It may take me awhile to accept the fact that I have arrived at this point in my life. I mean the intersection where my 26 year old self looks in the mirror at my 16 year old self and recalls phrases such as " I will NEVER EVER EVER drive a mini van." And despite the part of me that really dislikes the image, the suburbaness, the typical mormoness of it, we bought this Minivan anyways.
I am sure I will grow to love her, with her sliding doors, and roomy roomy interior, and her ability to make my life so much more easier, her presence so convenient. I am relieved that we found her, that the searching and the used car salesmen are done with, and even that she came with a dvd player installed.
We are happy with her, and I am embarrassed a teeny bit.
But don't worry, I will be rocking that van soon,
If its even possible for a van to rock.
And whenever possible...I will be "borrowing" back our Nissan Sentra from Rod. (Which he will be enjoying immensely.) And well, I am happy for him.
Milly- as in HUMILIATION, HUMILITY, HUMILIATE
only in a cuter, more loveable form, which is sure to be the case.
9 comments:
Haha I love it. When we first got our van, I kept feeling like I was borrowing my mom's car. Sometimes I still feel that way. Think of it this way, it's the mom in you that likes it and all it's practicality, but as for me, the real me, I think I'd rather be driving a Porsche. I think that's one of the reasons we went with a van vs an SUV, because they're on car chassis' and can take corners like a car, which is more fun than a truck. Welcome to the mini-van mafia! It really does make your life easier.
So jealous!!!! Seriously...we drove one for a week when we moved out here (a rental) and I fell in LOVE. The ride was smooth, the doors open and shut at the touch of a button, LOADS of room. *sigh* She's gorgeous!
I wish Honda Civics came with doors that open and close automatically. Really, I just wish our doors unlocked at the touch of a button (sadly, the "clicker" didn't come with the car, and we can't get a new "clicker" because Carl has misplaced the stock stereo (which is needed to activate the "clicker")). I do however love our huge truck because of all the space. Too bad it doesn't get better gas mileage or come with a DVD player. Hmmmm, maybe I'm a tiny bit jealous, but at the same time, with only two kids, I could drive this Civic until the day it dies and there will still be enough room for all of us.
CONGRATS! It took me about 2 days to get over the embarrassed factor. Maybe that's because the van was SOOOO much better than our (ahem) alternative.
To me, driving a new van seriously feels like we had been wearing pants that were too tight for a long time, and we finally got to unzip.
You crack me up!! I have heard so many people say how much they love their van....I'm sure you will love yours too. Congrats!
Congrats on the new family member!!
Congratulations. You are a rocking van mom!
Not a mini van! LOL I really like her, I think she will be perfect for the family. You will have a lot more space. Congrats!
Not a mini van! LOL I really like her, I think she will be perfect for the family. You will have a lot more space. Congrats!
Post a Comment