Recent Photo Taken by John Hwang at MCoombs Business SchoolWhat a ridiculous week we have had at our house. Late thursday evening Rod became violently ill by 8:00 am on Friday, it was obvious that he needed to go to the Emergency Room. We were there until 2:00 when they misdiagnosed him and sent him home with antibiotics. He slept for a few hours and by 9:00 he was even worse then he had been, which we scarcely had thought possible. Thanks to sweet friends who suggested a blessing, came and gave a blessing, and who spent the night with the children while we went back to the ER again. The ER was a terrible experience, and finaly at 3:00 am, the admitted him and got him some PAIN MEDS. Thank goodness. I slept the next 4 hours on a wooden chair maid for a midget, totally helpless, and scared. I have never ever seen someone so violently ill, most especially not my Rod.
Saturday afternoon we finaly got some test answers and an idea of what was happening.
His colon was enlarged and he had C. Diff. What's that?
Then he went into Isolation, where the staff and all visitors had to wear a yellow proctectant suit to go into his room. C. Diff is contagious to people who are on antibiotics or have low immune systems. Since I was on antibiotics for Ear infection and strep, I couldn't stay at the hospital with him.
When I think about all the kindnesses that were shown for us, in so many ways, and all of the help and service friends gave, I am absolutely floored. We have truly been so blessed.
Thankyou for those who visited Rod in the hospital, brought movies brought things for him, thankyou to those who gave up their weekends to care for my children, thankyou to those who came to my house and cleaned/sanitized my bathrooms so we could be safe, who brought meals, who cared enough to call and say I am thinking about you. I wish I could think of a word bigger than THANK YOU to describe how deeply moved I am and how extremely humbled I am, but its all I have. THANK YOU to our beloved CL2 Relief Society, and to my dear friends who were there for us everytime we needed it. Without you I cannot begin to fathom what we would have done.
By some wonderful Miracle, Rod was discharged from the hospital today. In an incredibally speedy recovery not normal for his diagnosis. For this I am deeply relieved. He has some more recovery to do at home, but to be out of the hospital is incredible. We missed him, and were terribly worried.
8 comments:
Man! And with all the antibiotics you guys take because of all your sicknesses, if I were you, I would have been so worried about the Littles. How wonderful that you have such amazing friends near by that would come and sanitize your house. That is a miracle in and off itself. I don't know if I would even think to do such a thing for someone else. I'm glad Rod is feeling better. And here's to hoping nobody else gets sick. Any idea how he got it?
@Lesserlee
Extremely worried sick about the children, specifically Grayson who is showing symptoms. I took him in today and they ran some tests and I am waiting on pins and needles for results.
What the link that isn't working on the page says is basically that it can be deadly. Its a very bad thing to get.
It was caused by too much antibiotics, Several weeks ago Rod had a ruptured ear drum and terrible ear infection and his Dr. perscriped a zpack. When Rod was still in pain the perscribed amoxicillin, this duration of meds wiped all healthy antibodies out of his system and the C-diff moved in full force.
Whoa what a worry Clarissa! That sounds terribly scary! How great to have him home now! No wonder you want this aweful year over! Hopefully the rest of your cute lil' family will be okay! You have some amazing people in your life to step in and help out like that. Like Leserlee, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't think of sanatizing their place for them. You deserve a break big time!
Well wishes,
Nicole Kingsbury
Whow-I am so sorry Clarissa. I had no idea that was all going on. I am glad he is home and doing better. That is really scary. :(
I love that picture of Rod.
SO GLAD he is home!
So glad he's feeling better!! Lo Gung had a gut infection last year, and he thought he was going to die. So not fun!!! Big hugs to y'all.
Glad he's better! This is exactly what Stephanie had in October. She was in pretty bad shape. Scary!! Glad he's ok, and hope Grayson is ok too!
Hi Clarissa,
This is Allison Merrill. I hope that Rod is completely back to normal by now. It must have scared you so much. One of our neighbors was diagnosed with the same thing and has been in and out of the hospital for months. It is pretty bad. I am glad that Rod's condition was less serious than our neighbor's.
Hope you and your family stay healthy and happy!
Love, Allison
Post a Comment