Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dear Friends, I love you.

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit

I have been thinking a lot about friendship.
Not the hi, nice to meet you, now we are friends, friendship But the deeper kind...
the kind of friend that feels like family, that see's you and caresabout the details of your life, that makes an effort to stay close-even, as life changes.


I have met so many different people, made so many different types of friends, some have stayed close and others have drifted or fallen apart. Some have been loyal, some were not. Some have needed me, some I have needed. Some have inspired me, and many more make me laugh. Some are my internet friends-who I never see, but they keep me sane, some are old, some are young. Some remember who I used to be, some can't imagine me any different than I am now. Some I miss, and wish came around more, some I have lost track of. Some are sweet as candy and always at my door. A few have seen me cry, and even fewer keep my secrets, or remember my childhood dreams...

But they ALL are special to me...
I have been so very grateful for kind friends I hope life returns to its slightly more carefree state very soon, but in the meantime...
I very seriously would like to say, I don't know how I would get by without friends like you.

Thanks for stopping by our blog to check on us, for leaving notes and being supportive.


I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. ~Robert Brault,

2 comments:

Dasha said...

If this were facebook I'd click 'like' a gazillion bazillion times. Clarissa, I know we aren't super close, but if we lived closer I know we would be. You are amazing and I'm so glad that we get to be facebook/blog friends at the very least. Love you!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

:) I am the friend that feels like family because we are family. In a twisted sort of way. And I love being your internet friend. Someday we will be able to meet. But who knows when that will be. :( You are such an amazing person. Your cheerfulness in the face of all this adversity (because even on your crappy days I still picture you with a smile on your face while reading your blogs and FB posts) is inspiring. LOVE YOU!