Monday, April 14, 2008

Goodbye to Friendly Skies

Today marked the closing of one chapter and opening of another. Today I said goodbye to my short lived career as a Flight Attendant. After I made the phone call and started packing up my uniforms I reminisced over my many experiences with the airline. I think that some roles in life are similar to your favorite pair of jeans. They are easy to slip into, fit perfectly, flatter your very best attributes and hide all your flaws. That is what this job was for me. The perfect fit. I made many new friends, people who were interesting, smart, fun and new. I flew to new places, and developed a new found joy in trying things. I am sad to close this small chapter in my life, knowing that it spanned one of the happiest times of my life. And as wonderful a time as this was for me---I leave it knowing that I am doing something equally wonderful. And so I leave this job, with handfulls of passenger comment cards, tons of great stories, several award nominations, an informed understanding of the airline industry and flight crews, a personal commendation from the CEO, and the most beautiful set of wings.

4 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, sweetie - I'd still fly with you any day!!!

I'm sure Caily appreciates what you're doing...although she might appreciate the free airfare a bit more in about 18 years. ;-)

John Benac said...

Clarissa:

Rock on. Life is unexpected, isn't it. Caily is worth it, isnt she. I mean, would any of your passengers have given you as large a grin as she does many times a day?

Mamie said...

Or would they scream at you without restraint like she does? Imagine a few passengers doing that. I'm glad you won't ever have to deal with a total stranger screaming in your face.

Kudos to you, Clarissa. You are such a great mom and friend. Motherhood also accentuates your best qualities, it just doesn't require such a strict wardrobe or hairdo. And honestly, we could all do with a little less 'do' if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

You look so gorgeous and adorable as always:)