I just lay down your sweet little four month old self for a nap. Your soft little hand was firmly wrapped around my finger, and I hoped you would never let go. I tell you often that you need to stop growing up, to stop getting big and to stay just the same-but you don’t listen, and although I try to soak in every moment of time it seems to escape me far too quickly. You are my beautiful girl. There are no words for the great love I feel for you. You are so beautiful, so soft and sweet, the most perfect creation there ever was. You came into my life as a little surprise but once I knew you were there I could not wait to meet you. I love every minute of our days together, and I am so glad that your dad has such a great job so that I can have these moments here at home. In the morning you wake up with a smile on your face. (Well most of the time). Your cheeks are rosy red from your snuggled blanket on your face. I stoop down to pick you up and you arch your little back and stick out that chubby baby bum. “Good Morning Caily!” I say as I peer into your loving face trying to get the days first smile. You love the morning time, and so, now do I. Sometimes you get excited for bath time and you splash around, and other times you lay back with a lazy look on your face and enjoy the warm water while mom shampoos your hair. All clean and dry I get you dressed up for the day ahead. We get to play on the floor for awhile and I love to put my face next to yours. You think its so funny when I do. You clumsily pull your hands around my face to explore every part of my mouth. Its so interesting to you. We have long conversations here. You say “Agooo wa gaga wo.” And I mimic you back “Agoo wa goo”. And we chat about the day ahead or the night’s dreams. You love when Mommy laughs, and so I pull you gently into a sitting position and giggle In your ear. This is hilarious to you, and you simple can’t contain your joy. You love when I laugh and I love when you smile. Your long lips stretch into a full our grin that melts my heart. I am sad when you have to go back to sleep, I miss you when you do. And yet you are so peaceful that I love naps too. You let out a pretty little sigh and your eyelashes flutter down around those pretty big blues. Sweet dreams baby bird. Now I dash around the house to get chores done, so that when you wake, we can play. And maybe if I am lucky I can capture the simple and somewhat boring days like today, into my memory forever.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Simple Days
My little bird, 
I just lay down your sweet little four month old self for a nap. Your soft little hand was firmly wrapped around my finger, and I hoped you would never let go. I tell you often that you need to stop growing up, to stop getting big and to stay just the same-but you don’t listen, and although I try to soak in every moment of time it seems to escape me far too quickly. You are my beautiful girl. There are no words for the great love I feel for you. You are so beautiful, so soft and sweet, the most perfect creation there ever was. You came into my life as a little surprise but once I knew you were there I could not wait to meet you. I love every minute of our days together, and I am so glad that your dad has such a great job so that I can have these moments here at home. In the morning you wake up with a smile on your face. (Well most of the time). Your cheeks are rosy red from your snuggled blanket on your face. I stoop down to pick you up and you arch your little back and stick out that chubby baby bum. “Good Morning Caily!” I say as I peer into your loving face trying to get the days first smile. You love the morning time, and so, now do I. Sometimes you get excited for bath time and you splash around, and other times you lay back with a lazy look on your face and enjoy the warm water while mom shampoos your hair. All clean and dry I get you dressed up for the day ahead. We get to play on the floor for awhile and I love to put my face next to yours. You think its so funny when I do. You clumsily pull your hands around my face to explore every part of my mouth. Its so interesting to you. We have long conversations here. You say “Agooo wa gaga wo.” And I mimic you back “Agoo wa goo”. And we chat about the day ahead or the night’s dreams. You love when Mommy laughs, and so I pull you gently into a sitting position and giggle In your ear. This is hilarious to you, and you simple can’t contain your joy. You love when I laugh and I love when you smile. Your long lips stretch into a full our grin that melts my heart. I am sad when you have to go back to sleep, I miss you when you do. And yet you are so peaceful that I love naps too. You let out a pretty little sigh and your eyelashes flutter down around those pretty big blues. Sweet dreams baby bird. Now I dash around the house to get chores done, so that when you wake, we can play. And maybe if I am lucky I can capture the simple and somewhat boring days like today, into my memory forever.
I just lay down your sweet little four month old self for a nap. Your soft little hand was firmly wrapped around my finger, and I hoped you would never let go. I tell you often that you need to stop growing up, to stop getting big and to stay just the same-but you don’t listen, and although I try to soak in every moment of time it seems to escape me far too quickly. You are my beautiful girl. There are no words for the great love I feel for you. You are so beautiful, so soft and sweet, the most perfect creation there ever was. You came into my life as a little surprise but once I knew you were there I could not wait to meet you. I love every minute of our days together, and I am so glad that your dad has such a great job so that I can have these moments here at home. In the morning you wake up with a smile on your face. (Well most of the time). Your cheeks are rosy red from your snuggled blanket on your face. I stoop down to pick you up and you arch your little back and stick out that chubby baby bum. “Good Morning Caily!” I say as I peer into your loving face trying to get the days first smile. You love the morning time, and so, now do I. Sometimes you get excited for bath time and you splash around, and other times you lay back with a lazy look on your face and enjoy the warm water while mom shampoos your hair. All clean and dry I get you dressed up for the day ahead. We get to play on the floor for awhile and I love to put my face next to yours. You think its so funny when I do. You clumsily pull your hands around my face to explore every part of my mouth. Its so interesting to you. We have long conversations here. You say “Agooo wa gaga wo.” And I mimic you back “Agoo wa goo”. And we chat about the day ahead or the night’s dreams. You love when Mommy laughs, and so I pull you gently into a sitting position and giggle In your ear. This is hilarious to you, and you simple can’t contain your joy. You love when I laugh and I love when you smile. Your long lips stretch into a full our grin that melts my heart. I am sad when you have to go back to sleep, I miss you when you do. And yet you are so peaceful that I love naps too. You let out a pretty little sigh and your eyelashes flutter down around those pretty big blues. Sweet dreams baby bird. Now I dash around the house to get chores done, so that when you wake, we can play. And maybe if I am lucky I can capture the simple and somewhat boring days like today, into my memory forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful. Your little bird is just so sweet!!!
Post a Comment