We had the entire Harris family at our house for Thanksgiving.
I was grateful, and so happy to see all of them together, as we have not been for 2 years.
I realized something, during the week, about family.We aren't perfect, we don't always get along, personalities sometimes clash, and conflict inevitably occurs...but we can afford to be irritated-- because in the end we are still a family. I am grateful for that...and I am ok with it being un-perfect.
It might sound like we had a stressful Thanksgiving Vacation.
But really we didn't.
It was wonderful in so many ways.
I enjoyed my time with my brothers.
Have I ever mentioned that I adore them?
If a girl has to go her whole life without a sister...
then she should have brothers as great as mine.
They have such different personalities, and I love that.
So here are the highlights:
Cooking Pies with Philip and Caily
Family Pictures-actually pretty fun!
Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner: with smoked turkey (made by my mom--yay!),
My grandmothers rainbow Jello (my children were in HEAVEN)
Black Friday Fun: I have always loved this....but having someone home with the babies, and here so we could go back to sleep was *awesome*
Going to the Beach in November
Frosting a Blues Clues Birthday Cake with Philip and Rod
Rock Band with Rod, Scott and Adam
and Setting up the Christmas Decorations all Together...
Really, what more could Thanksgiving ask for?
oh yes...we watched Christmas Story, and Elf.
Nobody else thought Elf was nearly as funny as I do.
Pictures...to come!
I was grateful, and so happy to see all of them together, as we have not been for 2 years.
I realized something, during the week, about family.We aren't perfect, we don't always get along, personalities sometimes clash, and conflict inevitably occurs...but we can afford to be irritated-- because in the end we are still a family. I am grateful for that...and I am ok with it being un-perfect.
It might sound like we had a stressful Thanksgiving Vacation.
But really we didn't.
It was wonderful in so many ways.
I enjoyed my time with my brothers.
Have I ever mentioned that I adore them?
If a girl has to go her whole life without a sister...
then she should have brothers as great as mine.
They have such different personalities, and I love that.
So here are the highlights:
Cooking Pies with Philip and Caily
Family Pictures-actually pretty fun!
Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner: with smoked turkey (made by my mom--yay!),
My grandmothers rainbow Jello (my children were in HEAVEN)
Black Friday Fun: I have always loved this....but having someone home with the babies, and here so we could go back to sleep was *awesome*
Going to the Beach in November
Frosting a Blues Clues Birthday Cake with Philip and Rod
Rock Band with Rod, Scott and Adam
and Setting up the Christmas Decorations all Together...
Really, what more could Thanksgiving ask for?
oh yes...we watched Christmas Story, and Elf.
Nobody else thought Elf was nearly as funny as I do.
Pictures...to come!
1 comment:
I've never seen Elf. Somehow I'm afraid I won't like it, because I don't really care for Will Ferrell. I'll bet it was great to have your family there. Family is so great. It's hard when they are far away, but when you are together you appreciate them even more.
Post a Comment