Saturday, January 23, 2010

When mom is sick...

Its no fun.
Yesterday afternoon I came down with a terrible stomach flu.
Rod had to come home early from work.
(thank goodness for him)
Despite how terrible I feel, I am also very grateful.
Here are my 2 silver linings:
1. Rod-sent me to bed right away, and took care of the kids
(as any good daddy would)
but best of all, he finished my bathroom.
And did an amazing job.
When I came down in the middle of the night, I could have cried.
I have been working on that room for a 10 days.
Its been a major pain.
Thanks Rod.
It was so unexpected, and even more appreciated.
2. Caily was so sweet to me all afternoon and evening.
She patted my shoulders while I was getting sick.
She refused to leave my side.
She would say "Mommy's sick, Mommy's tummy hurts"
and lay cuddled next to me on the couch
(although I would rather she not catch this--she would not be removed from my side)
She stroked my hair and said "Mommy hair WILD, its wild mommy."
And before she went to bed she came into my room and gave me a kiss.
She said "Sweet Dreams, I love you"
she has never said sweet dreams before...
And I saw for the first time
that my little girl has COMPASSION
what a gift, and what a beautiful child
and thank goodness for silver linings.
I am so lucky.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay finished bathroom! Yay!

Matros said...

Yay for a finished bathroom, and boo for being sick. Hope it passes quickly. That Caily is such a sweetie!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Get better quick, and post before and after pictures of your bathroom when you can. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a sweetie you have on your hands...so amazing how someone so small could have a heart so big! Hope you get better!

Nicole Kingsbury!